Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kaytlin's Introduction!!!

            Hello! My name is Kaytlin Renee Swartz. I was born in Los Angeles, CA and moved to Murrieta, CA when I was in second grade. I attended Murrieta Elementary from second grade until fifth grade then went to Thompson Middle School for sixth, seventh and eighth grade. After middle school I advanced to high school! I went to Murrieta Valley High School for my freshman year, and then transferred to Vista Murrieta High School (across town) for the remainder of my high school career. I moved to San Marcos when I was seventeen and got an apartment with four other girls I graduated high school with. I began attending CSUSM in 2006 and have been on the path towards graduation since. This is my last semester then I will be entering the Credential program where I will be working toward becoming a middle school history teacher.
       My experiences with technology are slightly pathetic. I didn’t get my first cell phone until I graduated high school (thanks mom and dad ) To top it off it was a pay-as-you-go Virgin mobile flip phone. Sweet!! I bought my first iPod when I was 18 and have had it ever since, it’s a measly 2gig but hey it works! I used an assortment of PCs, Toshiba, Dell, etc… then I had a life altering experience and purchased a Macbook! It is by far my most priced technological possession and I will vow to never use a PC again. I live with my boyfriend therefore I automatically own a PS3 and a Wii so in the world of gaming I am not completely in the dark!
       To be honest I have had many classes in which the CSUSM/COE Mission Statement is located on the front page of the syllabus. For some strange reason I continue to simply “skip over” reading the statement because I am in such a hurry to figure out what I’m going to need to do for the course. However, because this assignment asks that I take a look-see at it, I did! Foremost the phrase “social justice” stood out to me, perhaps because I am a fan of Roosevelt (history…remember?) who wanted to improve and provide a sort of livelihood for the people of the US. I feel like social justice is something that everyone has to be striving for in order to achieve it universally and teachers can be a great form of example! Learning to respect everyone in a diverse classroom is a definite step toward creating a more just world.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kaytlin! I laughed when you mentioned the PS3 because I still own the original Play Station and I don't think they even make games for that anymore. It must be like old school now! I too skip have skipped over the Mission Statement before this class, but we are all in know now. Well see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaytlin! I am in the same boat with the Mission Statement. I know somewhere I had to read it but I never took the time to look at it and think about what I would say if someone asked me in person about it. I also like the phrase "social justice" because it can be applied to so many different people and contexts in the education world. Good luck this semester and with the credential program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEYYY GURL, I love that we both decided to hit on the fact of social justice, hahahah might just be that other paper! Dude we should defiantly wii it up sometime, like if we do a group project for 364 and procrastinate and just play mario kart, hahah see ya manana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kaytlin

    First of all I just want to say good luck this semester, since it is your last one:) Too funny about the cell phone, that happened to me as well! I didn't get a cell phone until I was out of high school either. I too have never really read the mission statement until NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what up friend
    I already know you, but I wanted you to feel special, so I am writing you. See you in class. Don't stand me up again for our lunch date.

    ReplyDelete